Monday 28 June 2010

YEAR 12/13 lesson: Monday 28th June 2010.

Now then my lovely students. The footage from today's filming is okay but there were some technical shortcomings and I will discuss these issues next Monday. The footage works really well if used for a trailer so I propose that we create a two minute trailer that advertises the course for prospective Year 12 students. We can complete the filming next Monday morning. Bring some ideas. What content would you like to include in a trailer aimed at advertising the course?

Homework is to read the material that I prepared. You need to be aware of Narrative Theory and why Genre is considered such an important feature of media study. You also need to analyse the Guardian online material. Click on the last Blog entry for a working e-media version of my Guardian handout. We will be discussing the content of all the material you received in today's lesson in the next session. I was 'banging on' today about the importance of independent study and reading material that informs your understanding of media. This is your first challenge so read the material.

I hope you have bothered to visit this blog. I will begin next week's lesson by asking each student to name the magic word. The magic word is: UNICORNCHOMSKY. If you are not aware of the magic word, you have not visited the blog. This makes you a very bad media student.Rascals.Possibly.

WELCOME TO FISHYMEDIA. LET'S GET STINKING.

Have a great week. See you next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment