Monday 11 November 2013

YEAR 12 LESSON SEVENTEEN [11th Nov 13]: Homework

















I am appalled by the lack of work that I witnessed this morning. I am still carrying with me a HUGE sense of disappointment. I do not expect A Level students to produce work that offers such an enormous lack of of intellectual or creative engagement. RAISE YOUR GAME. You lot have been magnificent thus far on the course but I am genuinely shocked by the quality of the creative work that was presented to me today. You have ignored the homework task.

HOMEWORK: I have made it very clear that I expect to upload a lot more footage to the Macs on Thursday. It is not the quality of the work that irritates me, it is the complete lack of engagement. How can a 15 second shot of the BHS common room be considered to be suitable for an A Level homework? WAKE UP.

SHOW ME YOU CARE. AT THE MOMENT YOUR MEDIA TEACHER IS RATHER ANGRY!

Here are some introductions to provide you with some ideas. Stick to the brief. Narrative themes? Location? Character? Students also need to offer clues as to genre and time!
Click on links below:
Watch the first two minutes of this heinous episode of Waterloo Road. Narrative themes, location and character are all presented in the first two minutes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXUGEeclcg
Nurse Jackie intro. This is a really good introduction of character. It is sophisticated and subtle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EivnE-Qy8w
Law and Order. Note lots of still images:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVL0GBunw0A
Note how your favourite TV shows use their introductions to introduce narrative theme, character and location.


No comments:

Post a Comment