Tuesday 9 November 2010

YEAR 12 LESSON EIGHT [9th Nov 10]: Homework.



Students were provided with exemplar print media resources suitable for Brief One of the MEST 2 Coursework and also shown examples of last year's broadcast media constructed for the same brief. Students were also introduced to basic Narrative Theory and asked to apply these theories to a series of film trailers. The class were asked to consider the codes and conventions of the film trailer form and how the trailers we examined attempted to persuade an audience to visit the film. Finally students were introduced to a photography task aimed at allowing them to illustrate their understanding of how institution, representation, media forms and audience combine to create an appropriate media text.

At the end of the lesson I placed a crude backdrop at the back of the classroom and illustrated how easy it is to use photoshop to construct a multiple image. The results of this experiment have become the new album/CD cover for the famous Latin Jazz musician JUAN GONZALEZ SMITH. His new album is titled 'Me, Myself and I.' I wanted to illustrate how easy it is to produce a creative image. I think my partner's soft furnishings make quite a psychedelic and effective backdrop suitable for the Latin Jazz legend that is JUAN GONZALEZ SMITH. 

Homework: Complete the photography task. I expect a word document to be constructed and handed to me next lesson. Read the Audience Theory and Narrative Theory notes.

Good luck folks. I am looking forward to the results of your photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment