Friday 3 December 2010

ONE DAY IN HULL: A short film.


Now then media freaks.Wednesday's Year 13 lesson was butchered by the overwhelming power and sublime majesty of the natural world so I hope everybody had a massively safe and entertaining snowball fight on the Westwood. I went stumbling around my little patch of the world and made this short film. It will be used as a resource in the near snowless future. Issues relating to representation are a consideration within this text for both Y12 and Y13. Y12 might want to consider how this representation of Hull compares with the two postcards I offered the class in a previous lesson. What kind of institution would create this type of film? Audience?Media Forms?

Click on link below to access 'One Day In Hull'.
http://vimeo.com/17423592

Hope everybody is warm, safe and avoiding the fracture clinic.

MLR.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good, soundtrack was lacking diversity. Chords being left to ring out loses its appeal after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh get you ph! rather critical methinks. i'll have you know that that was my best brian eno impersonation. i think your own description of your comment was correct. i'll be thinking of your criticism when i'm marking your essay. only joking.... or am i?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this would backfire, nevertheless I'm sticking to my guns on this one! Yeah I thought you were going for that whole phsychadelic/trance scene! Something I was hoping to go for in my coursework with a bit of John Murphy thrown in!

    ReplyDelete